An Unlikely Story of Matthew Gray Gubler and Donald Trump

  Matthew Gray Gubler and I

 Matthew and his friend whose name I can't remember

People waiting for Donald Trump
Expired Kodak 400 VC film
Portsmouth NH, April 2011

A few weeks ago I went up to Portsmouth, NH for a meeting.  It was a nice day so I decided to bring my dog along, and after my meeting she and I walked around for a bit.  What ensued was one of the strangest half hours of my life.   I had noticed a lot of news vans and reporters hanging around, but wasn't really paying any attention to it until I was stopped by a reporter from MSNBC.  He asked what I thought about the chaos of Donald Trump's visit.  Now I clearly did not want to be on MSNBC (and especially not while talking about Trump) so I said something inappropriate and swear ridden, knowing they wouldn't be able to air it and moseyed on my way.  

It wasn't long before found myself swarmed by a mob of slow moving people with the man himself, Mr Donald Trump in the middle of it all.  Peaches and I started to cross the street to get ahead of the craziness when I noticed two people doing the same thing.  One of them was none other than Matthew Gray Gubler from Criminal Minds, a show that I love and continue to watch despite constantly getting scared out of my mind (and not in a fun Hitchcock-ian way.  In a "oh crap I have to make sure every door and window in this tiny studio apartment is locked while simultaneously googling where to buy a gun" kind of way).  Ion TV plays it about 30 times a day and with my limited cable options I'm usually forced to choose between that and Two and a Half Men.  Violence, murderers and psychopathy clearly win.  Matthew and I chatted for a bit, took some pictures, and then suddenly the Trump mob was upon us again.  This time there was no where to run.  I'm not good in big crowds and was paralyzed with visions of my small 9lb dog being trampled.  I heard someone behind me shout "Watch out for the dog people!"  and before I knew it Donald Trump brushed by my shoulder, coming within inches of stepping on Peaches.  He looked down and said "Oh it's a dog".  I just looked at him in disbelief of 1) how he almost killed my dog and 2) how much worse that hair looks in person.  I threw myself on top of Peaches, and in a few seconds everyone passed by us.  I quickly found my car and got the hell out of there.  Too much excitement for one day.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a lucky person. I'm from Brazil and my dream is meet Matthew Gray Gubler.

Chiara said...

Pss... Matthew Gray Gubler's friends's name is Steve Damstra ;P

Cool picture, by the way.

Karley said...

That isn't Steve Damstra with Matthew. Its someone else.

gublerluvr said...

That sure looks like Steve Damstra to me.

Anonymous said...

yea i'm pretty sure that's who that is. steve damstra is the one engaged to Paget Brewster from criminal minds. I don't want to say definitely, but that's definitely him with Gubler in the photo.

Anonymous said...

thats steve for sure

Unknown said...

is he a trump supporter?

Post a Comment